Foundation of IPRH
Research in homeopathy has always been a challenge for everyone, be it a researcher or a layman. Issues like the complex nature of ultra-high dilutions, homeopathic philosophy, lack of research orientation, inadequate research literacy, lack of funds, poor motivation, skepticism etc., have always discouraged many from undertaking research. The magnitude of existing research is considered insufficient, despite knowing the presence of thousands of studies. Also, many research works are either not quoted or insufficiently understood or both.It is also true that we may overcome most of the obstacles by sharing knowledge, expertise, and resources.
I attended the Bachelor of Homeopathic System of Medicine and Surgery (BHMS) degree course at Dr. B. R. Sur Homoeopathic Medical College, Hospital and Research Centre, New Delhi, India in 2001. Since then I have been keen to explore homeopathy from a clinical as well as a research point of view. In 2011, I decided to pursue my passion for homeopathic research in a methodical way. The Initiative to Promote Research in Homeopathy (IPRH) was then founded, formalized and presented as www.audesapere.in (March 2011) which is presently being run as www.researchinhomeopathy.org. IPRH was started with the aim of promoting research amongst every segment of the community, to enhance research awareness, disseminate scientific research, exchange information and extend help in undertaking research in homeopathy.
All these years, despite highs and lows, the IPRH followed the core principle Aude Sapere – “Dare to be Wise.” Today, this concept is well accepted as evident from the increasing numbers of subscriptions and collaborations with individuals and associations.
IPRH runs on the philosophy of liberal exchange of scientific knowledge and expertise.
Some of the key objectives of IPRH are:
- Promotion of research education and sensitizing people about Research Literacy, Understanding, and Expertise.
- Exchange of knowledge, expertise and resources.
- Capacity building by organizing CMEs/Seminars/Workshops for persons desirous of undertaking research in homeopathy.
- Formulation and maintenance of knowledge databases e.g Database of Scientific Publications in Homeopathy.
- Identification of Priority Areas of Research in Homeopathy.
- Collaboration with institutions, organizations and individuals for undertaking research in homeopathy.
- Formulation of generic protocols for clinicians.
- Development of guidelines/resources/handy information about research.
- Extending help for undertaking research in homeopathy.
[contact-form to=’firstname.lastname@example.org’ subject=’About IPRH’][contact-field label=’Name’ type=’name’ required=’1’/][contact-field label=’Email’ type=’email’ required=’1’/][contact-field label=’Website’ type=’url’/][contact-field label=’Comment’ type=’textarea’ required=’1’/][/contact-form]